Anderson Masonry was started in 1948 By Edwin and Florence Anderson. Originally from Minnesota, the Andersons' relocated to the Flathead Valley in the late 1940's. Ed built fireplaces and was a true stone artisan.
In 1968, Bud Anderson returned to the Flathead to take over the business when Ed retired. In the 1970's Don Anderson joined the business with Bud. They concentrated on masonry construction until 1980 when they ventured into masonry retail by opening a store in Kalispell.
In 1982, Bud and Don brought in a third partner to help with the retail store as they continued to grow the masonry construction side of the business. Tom Arvidson was that partner. The Kalispell location had steady growth throughout the 80's as Tom introduced woodstoves and manufactured fireplaces to the store.
In 1996 Bud, Don and Tom bought a fireplace store in Missoula called Missoula Fireplace. Justin Anderson (Bud's son) was hired to manage the Missoula location.
In 1999 with Don managing the retail stores and Bud managing the construction company they decided to completely separate the two businesses.
In 2006 Tom sold his shares to Rich Todd as he was ready to get out of the day to day operations.
In 2015 Don sold his shares to Rich and Justin.
At present Rich and Justin run the two locations of Anderson's Masonry Hearth and Home.
Anderson's Masonry Hearth and Home is committed to providing excellent customer service while maintaining the utmost safety standards for our team, clients and equipment.